When I first stepped foot in Ms. Cooks photography class, I didn’t know what I was in for. When she said that she moved fast in her projects she was not playing. The first time I was absent, I was already lost in what I was suppose to be working on. I looked side to side of me and other people were already finishing up their projects. If I learned anything in this class it would be coming on time to class everyday. I swear one day and the project is already over, even if they were barely beginning yesterday. Even if I was a little behind, I still learned cool tricks on Photoshop on the way.
I never knew how to blend my images well before Photoshop. Now I’m the master at blending. Ha-ha I laugh when I see those little girls trying to do picture collages on their MySpace and you can see the picture lines and be able to tell where the picture ends. With Photoshop you learn how to use the Eraser and over lap images to blend perfectly. I struggled most with the Pen tool. It was very hard for me to pull the edges just so it can angle and warp the way I wanted it too. But I managed and did the best I could even if I didn’t really like it that much. Another thing I struggled with was being able to catch up because once distracted even if it’s only for 30 seconds, they’re already moving on and you get so lost quickly. Maybe it wasn’t a good idea to be partners with your friends.
What I think I can improve on is the gradients. I love the color gradient it’s a shading of blue red and yellow and I love it. I use it all the time on all my projects, because I love color. I think with that color gradient it just makes everything so vibrant and alive. I know my classmates are probably wanting to change it up a bit so maybe that’s what I can improve on is using other gradients and learn how to switch it up a bit. I want to be different so I think switching it up on my projects is not such a bad idea. Even though I can use some improvement I didn’t stop to notice that what I improved on very well is my creativeness. I’m starting to think outside the box a little more then what I did when I first got into this class. When I first came in this class I thought I will have all kinds of pictures of me, I was getting super excited, but I realized that you as a photographer it’s how you see everything around you. In photography it’s not about you anymore it’s about society itself and when you start to take pictures your perspective starts to change, it’s like the camera is a set of eyes you never had.
Out of all my projects that I’ve done in Photography class that connected to my life the most would be the true beauty photo. Now someone took that photo of me but I did arranges like blurred everything around and cut off my face. It connects because that’s how people around see girls as; if they’re pretty enough from the face then their not beautiful. By cutting off the face all they see is a body and then maybe they won’t judge you. Beauty is looking past the entire make up the long eyelashes and the clothes, its deep in the heart. Like they say it takes looks to grab the attention but it takes personality to capture the heart, and they’re yours forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment