Thursday, December 10, 2009

Artist Statement

What you mainly see in my portfolio is color. I love bright colors that can make the emphasis in all my pictures pop more out. Everything will be bright and eye-catching. I ultimately love the way my portfolio came out. All of my pictures I made sure I took my time in order to get what I wanted. My portfolio is all about what I see and how I view myself as a person. I adapted my portfolio to myself and it is now a part of me.
I learned a lot this semester. I went in to photo class not knowing a thing about Photoshop and know I have an abundance of Photoshop skills to get things done. I am an addict to Photoshop. I can do gradients, clone stamp, magic wand, I know how to make paint brushes, I blend images a lot better I basically know all the basics and a little more at that. I feel the project I was most successful with was the photographic effects. We used all kinds of outburst colors to create a cool almost hippie type look, like Warhol and I loved it. I struggled the most with the portraits project. I didn’t know how to adapt myself to being a photographer and having to take senior portraits. My client was very picky and I was undecided how to take the pictures.
I could improve myself in a lot of things. But I really want to improve in Photoshop, Photoshop is a world that you get to create because there’s all kinds of thins you can try and you’ll always get different results. I’ve seen a lot of improvement in the pictures I’ve recently been taking, there not cliché as my beginner pictures. I love my portfolio; I cannot wait until second semester to post all of my other projects.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Your portfolio is looking excellent. Your projects exhibit the effort and thought you put into each of them. Keep working at unleashing the artistic Velicia!